Friday, August 12, 2022

Kairos 47 Weekend Update



Kairos 47 Weekend Update

Start Date: 10/06/2022

Weekend Leader: John Wiemers, johnwiemers@gmail.com


I hope everyone is having a great week so far. God's blessings are clearly evident on the amazing team that He has assembled thus far.  Though nervous, I am excited to watch God's work on display.  I'm eager to play a part in His glorious endeavor coming up soon in October.  What an amazing opportunity to be involved with such a phenomenal group of people. I am grateful.

 REMINDERS:

* NOT for the new members or ladies: Sat., August 13th Polunsky Reunion starts at 7:30 AM (be at the gate by 7 AM).  I believe Joe Lee needs a head count on who plans to attend the reunion. 

 * 1st meeting Sat., August 13th 10:30AM - 2:00PM at Livingston United Methodist Church 2801 US Hwy 190 Livingston, TX 77351.  

It is understood that some members cannot make every meeting but are highly encouraged for the fellowship and unity as a whole.

I need a head count on who is able to attend for preparation of meals, administration of paperwork, etc.

Those of you that have already responded do not need to reply again.

 The Lord has not blessed me with great creativity so I have to admit coming up with themes for the meetings have been difficult for me.  One theme that I know the Lord is placing on me is "One Body".  I looked at Paul's letter to the Corinthians on "One Body with Many Members" a week or so ago. I put it on the "back shelf" iffy on whether to use it or not but again the Lord is reminding me to put it out there.  

Today's Bible App quote is as follows: 1 Corinthians 12:25-27 " That there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.  If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.  Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it. "  I encourage everyone to read 1 Corinthians 12:12-26 today and keep "One Body" in mind and prayer as we start this journey.

 

Blessing to All,

John Wiemers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kairos Prison Ministry

KAIROS COOKIE MINISTRY

  COOKIES By Mary Nelson, KAIROS OUTSDE National Trainer  In all the years of serving on Kairos Inside weekends at Broward Correctional it ...